If you are interested in sending an email to encourage your Congresswoman or Congressman to support a bicycle-friendly transportation bill, you can find the link here:http://www.capwiz.com/lab/issues/alert/?alertid=60929976&type=TA
The bill reverses 20 years of progress by:
– destroying Transportation Enhancements by making it optional;
– repealing the Safe Routes to School program, reversing years of progress in creating safe ways for kids to walk and ride bicycles to school;
– allowing states to build bridges without safe access for pedestrians and bicycles;
– eliminating bicycle and pedestrian coordinators in state DOTs; and
– eliminating language that insures that rumble strips “do not adversely affect the safety or mobility of bicyclists, pedestrians or the disabled.”
On Thursday, the House Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) Committee will mark-up the bill and Representatives Petri (R-WI) and Johnson (R-IL) will sponsor an amendment that restores dedicated funding for Transportation Enhancements and Safe Routes to School. Representatives Petri and Johnson can only be successful if everyone with a stake in safe sidewalks, crosswalks, and bikeways contacts their representative today.
Stay in touch by visiting NYBC and bikeleague.org and americabikes.org for background and breaking news.
NYBC Membership Drive 2012Members are the heart and soul of NYBC! We have set an exciting goal to grow to 1000 members by the end of 2012. Response to our initial member appeal was phenomenal! NYBC’s continued success can only be assured by the power that comes from numbers. The larger our membership, the louder our voice. We need you to join us now.
The New NYBC website
NYBC’s enhanced website is the “go-to” resource for bicycle advocacy. Visit www.nybc.net for updated resources, news and tools.
Some key features of the new website include:
– News Feed for the latest bicycle developments
– Find resources and tools to make your community bike friendly in our Bike Advocacy Toolkit
Copyright © 2012 New York Bicycling Coalition, All rights reserved.
# # #
New York City Recumbent Supply
The Innovation Works, Inc.
copyright 2012 Robert Matson
You must log in to post a comment.